Anchor! helps you to detect a dragging anchor
helps you to detect a dragging anchor
Anchor! is an iPod / iPhone / iPad app that provides an anchor alarm.
Special and exclusive features :
- Easy to set anchor position:
-> either choose a position on the map or relocate anchor with drag and drop.
- Easy to use with standard map gestures (zoom, scroll ...)
- Works offline ! You still see your boat position relative to the anchor, the anchor position and the alarm circle. Once offline the map is replaced by a graphic.
- Three alarms methods :
-> Accoustic alarm,
-> In background: accoustic alarm with a notification.
- Alerts by email
- Remote mode
- Easy to adjust alarm distance:
-> either directly on map by dragging the red disk
- Enhanced track recording: The boat track is recorded and a time - colored path is displayed on map. You can identify at first glance whether your anchor position is drifting or not.
- Takes advantage of iphone 4+ precise positionning.
- Vertical map scale.
- No add
- Strictly respects your privacy: no information is transmitted, ever.
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- To prevent unwanted sounds, audio alarms are inhibited when the mute switch is on. On the iPhone you'll have a vibration instead, on iPad you will get no sound nor vibration.
- Audio alarms volume is different than the device current volume, volume for alerts can be set in the device settings : go to sounds (or general -> sounds on some devices) and set the volume for alerts. On iPad this volume default value is zero.
- As all notifications, audio alarms in background can be enabled or disabled from the iPhone settings (notifications -> Anchor! -> sound)
(c) A. Arnail 2013